Free Shipping On Order Over $75 !!!Toll Free: (800) 789-1365
| || |
ComforTrac Home Lumbar Traction Unit
The ComforTrac lumbar home traction unit was carefully engineered to provide maximum comfort, efficacy, and ease of use to treat low back pain and pinched nerve due to bulging disc. Details that highlight this superior design include an automatic carriage return and innovative hinged design that requires no set-up. Likewise, transporting the unit has been made effortless through the use of lightweight durable materials and a carry-case with smooth rolling in-line skate wheels and a retractable stow-away handle typically found only in top-quality ballistic luggage.
Our innovative design makes it possible for patients to go home with the same quality traction they receive during physical therapy.
* Memory pillow conforms comfortably to the head
* Padded surface provides superior comfort
* Quick Release Button- push to release the traction force
* Hand Pump- our patented hand pump makes it easy to increase or decrease traction force
* Unit folds in half for easy storage and transportation
* Smooth Traction provides consistent and even force
* Maximum force: 200 lbs.
* Hand pump: Displays force in both pounds and kilograms
* Headrest material: Memory foam
* Traction bed material: Cushion foam
* Testing: 5,000 cycles which equals using 3 times daily for 5 years
SUPPORTING RESEARCH AND REFERENCES:
Komori H, Shinomiya K, Nakai O, et. al., The Natural History of Herniated Nucleus Pulposus with Radiculopathy. Spine 21:225-229, 1996.
Onel D,Tuzlaci M, Sari H, et. al. Computed Tomographic Investigation of the Effect of Traction on Lumbar Disc Herniations. Spine 14:82-90, 1989.
Matthews JA, Hickling J, Lumbar Traction: A Double-Blind Controlled Study for Sciatica. Rheumatology and Rehabilitation 14:222-225, 1975.
ComforTrac Home Back Traction Device
ComforTrac Lumbar Traction Protocols:
Lumbar traction has been shown to be effective to decrease symptoms with many different diagnoses. However, there are several instances where lumbar traction is not appropriate and/or contraindicated. Generally, treatments should be discontinued if symptoms increase OR if pain or parasthesia is experienced after traction treatment.
To insure safe application, lumbar traction should not be used within the following conditions:
Extruded disc fragmentation
Ruptured lumbar disc
Spinal cord compression
Acute strain or sprain
1. Determine the patients body weight. Target tension should be up to 40% - 50% of body weight.
2. Patient should be wearing loose, comfortable clothing. Avoid wearing clothing that is smooth or slick such as workout sweats. (It may be necessary to change clothing or remove belts and other accessories before beginning traction.)
3. Instruct the patient to lay supine or prone on the lumbar traction device. The area of the lumbar spine that is to be treated needs to be placed between the 2 belts of the device. It may be necessary to slide the patient up or down on the device to position them correctly.
4. Secure the belts around the lower abdomen and pelvic girdle of the patient. Make sure that the belts are tight to prevent from slipping.
5. Once the patient is in place, use the hand pump to increase pressure to appropriate level.(Please refer to the protocols within this section for guidelines on the tension amount and the treatment time for specific diagnoses.)
You May Also Like
| Company Info: || Shipping & Returns || Support |
|All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective companies. Information on this site is provided for informational purposes and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication. You should read carefully all product packaging. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provider.|
ComforTrac Home Lumbar Traction Unit
2007-2014 Copyright PainrxStore.com. All Rights Reserved.